Friday, May 22, 2009

Ummm..Can we say commercial overdose?




OK..now I know I can't be the only one that's noticed the rediculous amount of commercials that accompany our favorite television programs. We are all going through a commercial overdose of sorts. I guess the incident that started me on this rant (not that it was the first time i'd noticed) was one morning as I woke, I turned on my televison to watch the morning news program as I always do. As my luck (or lack of luck) would have it, they had just gone to commercial. I waited commercial after commercial after commercial and so on and so on for my news program to come on. Much to my dismay they just kept coming. I beleive I stopped counting at 15 as it was beginning to put me back to sleep. Finally, eureka my news program finally appeared. I was so excited that something of interest was on, but much to my dismay it didn't last long. You won't beleive what happened next (well on second thought maybe you will).  After just 90 seconds of the news program it happened, we were back to yet more commercials (of course they were the exact same ones i'd just seen). What was going on here? Were they really intent on putting me back to sleep just minutes after I had gotten up? All I could think at this point was 'Please...someone just take me out back and cap me now!' 

I mean come on, I know commercials are important to both the television program and the business's (and on occasion the consumer), but something has to give at some point. It's beginning to look more like the programs have switched places with the commercials. I don't sit down to watch the commercials..I'm there to watch the show. So I want to place my order now..'Please..I'd like my favorite program..light on the commercials please and what kind of wine goes best with that?' 

I just want to know one thing. What ever happened to balance? Do the networks really believe we aren't all noticing this trend? Did they think they could just sneak it past us and hope we little lemmings wouldn't notice? Well I'm here to tell you...WE'VE NOTICED! 

So here I am to make this request of the network powers that be. Open your internet browser..in the little blank box at the top..type in the word 'balance' and memorize the definition (If you need any help with this, just let me know..i'd be happy to help). It's very frustrating to sit down to relax and watch my favorite show and see more commercials than I do my television program. I can also make one more reccommendation regarding the whole cost issue. All of you network executives at the very top could lower your salaries and put the money back into the shows we all love to watch. I don't know about you, but it works for me. If you need anymore suggestions feel free to contact me. This redhead is always glad to help out.




No comments:

Post a Comment